- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Antenna Engineer ( Electronics Design Engineer)
Are you an engineer that wants to join a collaborative team-working environment? Are you an individual that thrives in a team adopting new development methodologies?
Are you interested in working with a range of cutting edge technology products to ensure they operate in the harshest of environments when people's lives depend on them? We are looking for Antenna Engineer - Electronics Design Engineer to join a successful and dynamic team in Hertfordshire.
"Voted No.11 in the Sunday Times Best 25 Big Companies to work for 2019!"
The Antenna Design Engineer will be joining a multi-disciplined, dynamic team, focussing on achieving complex designs to demanding timescales. You will join a fast paced programme to develop antennas for Active Electronically Scanned Arrays (AESA) and wideband passive sensors. You will additionally be providing a product that can be used to meet the needs of all the company projects!
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
- Strong background in Electronic/Hardware Engineering.
- Experience across the full engineering lifecycle, with strong Design experience.
- A good understanding of the complete product development process
- Degree qualified in Electronic Engineering, Physics or a closely related subject.
- Proven experience in antenna design and product development covering a range of microwave frequencies.
- Ability to perform post-processing of data using tools such as Matlab or Mathcad is required.
- Good knowledge of transmission line theory and impedance matching circuits.
- Hands-on experience performing S-parameter measurements and antenna pattern measurements, using anechoic chambers in development and production lab environments observing ESD precautions and quality controls, including an ability to instruct external test houses, is essential.
- Experience with the characteristics and design of various antenna types is required.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on-time and build good working relationships with team members and external departments, suppliers and customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience in the following would be desirable:
- Experience in the Defence or Aerospace sectors.
- Knowledge on EM theory and with EM simulation tools such as CST or HFSS; experience of using these tools in a High-Performance Computing Cluster would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Radar Cross Section analysis and techniques for signature control.
- Experience specialising in antennas and EM propagation.
- Experience of UHF and/or frequencies in excess of X-band an advantage.
There may be some travel to additional sites internationally.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.