- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior System Design Engineer - BAE069701 - 6 Months - Glasgow
LTD £38.25 / PAYE £29.86
Key Technical Skills
- Experience in the Systems Engineering of hardware and software systems
- Requirements Specification and Design - carrying out a full range of technical analyses and investigations, preparing specifications and developing designs.
- Experience of development of distributed and/or Windows based control systems.
- Serial and Discrete Signal Interface Design,
- Has sufficient breadth of knowledge of control system design and the sound judgement needed to be able to contribute to correct trade-off decisions
Top 6 Major Tasks and Activities:
- Development of technical specifications, including Systems Models and interface definitions.
- Working with Supply Chain to produce Statements of Work and Change Requests to support the ongoing development of the PMS solution
- Work collaboratively with other delivery teams in order to ensure the PMS solution is intertied within the overall Type 26 Design
- Working with the Type 26 Systems integration team to ensure that the PMS design supports the Platform Functional Design and Safety Case
- Review of supplier documentation
- Attendance at supplier design reviews and acceptance tests
Key Functional Skills
- Appreciates and can articulate the value of the engineering lifecycle and the relationship to the Lifecycle Management Process. Appreciates that there are technical reviews to ensure product viability.
- Appreciates and can articulate the need to ensure that products are acceptably safe and that product and system safety assessments form part of the design process.
- Has had some exposure to regulatory and statutory requirements of the product and understands potential liabilities.
- Has an appreciation of the requirement that the environmental impact of our activities is sustainable in the long term.
- Appreciates the need for a supportability engineering process to sustain the long term viability of the business. Understands that supportability goes beyond basic design, maintenance and operability requirements
- 5 Years' engineering experience in a defence, aerospace, automotive or related industry.
- Proven experience in working collaboratively across multiple product development and specialist domain teams.
- Proficient in the use of Requirement Management tools (e.g. DOORS);
- Possesses knowledge of the fundamentals of Model Based Systems Engineering and SysML.
- Working within at least one of the following Engineering Lifecycle Phases
- Concept of Operations
- Systems Architecture & Design
- Systems Integration and Testing
- Verification / Validation
- Operations and Maintenance
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.