- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Piping Design Engineer
BAE Systems are looking for Piping Design Engineers to work on their Portsmouth Naval Base site on the design of MOD Projects (Royal Navy Surface Ships).
Piping Design Engineer - Portsmouth - 6 months - £28.50ph LTD (Other Payment Methods Available)
This role will require you to hold or be eligible to obtain Security Clearance (SC). You must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss. You can start on a BPSS (Baseline Clearance) and achieve full SC while onsite, meaning you do not need to wait for a full SC clearance to pass.
Purpose of role
To undertake a defined range of detail design activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supplying advice and support to operations and other functions and ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements.
Key Technical Skills
- Possesses good knowledge of most aspects within his/her discipline.
- Able to perform analysis using recognised techniques and tools and to make sound judgements.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting responses to operational units or other activities.Key
- Achieves and sustains a standard of excellence in drive and commitment.
- Demonstrates Focus on Order through work packages or projects
- Demonstrates Customer Focus through forging partnerships that shape customer expectations.
- Supports a developmental environment that supports the development of others
- Researches when digging for information.
Major Tasks and Activities
- Operate within the functionality of the appropriate tools and techniques (e.g. Foran and CE).
- Produce and develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out detail design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are kept.
- Carry out investigations into problems and develop solutions, individually or as a team.
- Supporting development of best practice to increase capability, performance of tools and processes.
- To identify training requirements, skills gaps and development requirements in own discipline.
- Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services (seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve practices), and supply technical support and expertise to others as required.
- HNC/HND qualified, likely to be in a technology, engineering or science related discipline
- Understanding of LCM.
- Working towards the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer with the Engineering Council.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.