- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Asset Engineer
Our client is offering you the opportunity as Senior Asset Engineer to oversee everything from thier highways, seawalls, lift bridges, harbours and many more of our assets.
They are looking into their sea defences at the moment and another project they are currently working on is active travel: the funding is there to be utilised for these current projects.
Located in the Sea Terminal, overlooking Douglas harbour you have a breath taking view of the tower of refugee and Douglas coastline. You would be part of a close- knit team who are dedicated to bringing the islands Infrastructures into the future and ensuring the quality of life ensuring a climate- adjusted future.
What will you do?
You will be responsible for the Strategic Plan for Highway Services Division of the Department of Infrastructure, for the highway and structures strategic assets managed by the Division which have a value of over £2Bn. Implementation of the Strategic Plan, funding and budgeting will also be the responsibility of this post.
What does that involve?
- Develop and maintain a Strategic Delivery Plan for the highway network that recognises the importance of creating a good place to live and prepares for future technology and environmental changes.
- Develop a Highway Asset Management Plan and champion a program for the implementation of the Plan
- Develop a 10 year plan for Highways and Structures that delivers best value to the Isle of Man Tax payer
- Develop business cases and acquire funding to support the plan.
- Develop project briefs to accurately define the projects, and ensure that the outcomes are achievable and clearly defined.
- Promote the introduction of new systems and procedures where appropriate
- Train others in all aspects of the development of Highway Asset Management Plans.
- Engage with all levels throughout the organisation inclusive of our political members.
- Implement procedures for the management of the Highway and structures assets
- Act as a point of contact and a source of information for Highway related matters (legislation).
- Manage and monitor continual improvement by acting as the central focus for lessons learned exercises, suggestions and feedback
- Author and take ownership of key Management documentation
- Ensure that document control procedures are consistently applied.
- Contribute to the Integrated Management System
- Assist Graduates through the processes and requirements for completion of their Chartership
- Implement ISO55000
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A degree in Engineering or related science with experience in highways projects
- Sound working knowledge of relevant national and international highway related standards,
- contracts, methodologies and procedures
- Experience of Highway Asset management Planning and the development of funding models
- Highway construction work is essential along with civil engineering projects
- Able to inspire, motivate and empower remaining resilient whilst working to tight deadlines and
- working under pressure
- Experience of developing and managing Highway and Structures Asset Management Plans
- Feels comfortable with having open conversations and happy to address the issues
- Able to build and maintain networks with peers and other disciplines
- Strong communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office Suite and SharePoint
- Able to make considered decisions
- Is professional and credible
Why you should join!
- Your salary would be £47,064 to £54,805 per annum
- Paid interview expenses and a relocation package of up to £5,000 are available.
- Competitive annual leave entitlement - 25 Days Annual Leave & 10 General
- Public Holidays
- Cycle to Work Scheme used Island wide with a designated
- area to secure your bike
- Developing our team to be the best they can be is important to us and we actively support your own personal career goals, aspirations and development
How to Apply
Simply click on 'apply now' below or contact Lewis Harrison direct on 01489898979 or Lewis.email@example.com
Full JD available upon request
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.