- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Systems Safety Engineer
I have an opportunity in scenic Halifax, Nova Scotia, developing the next generation of ships for the Canadian Coast Guard and Navy. In brand new facilities they are the most exciting shipbuilding project in Canada for over 35 years.
The Systems Safety Engineer will fulfil a key role in the Systems Engineering Team and will be focusing on the integration of rotary wing aircraft into the ship and all the systems that support the aircraft operations. Areas of knowledge and experience are required in, but not limited to:
- Ship/Air Interface
- Aviation Facilities
- Safety & Environmental Case Development and Safety Verification & Validation techniques.
- Safety at sea including the preparation for sea trials.
- Post-Secondary education in an Engineering discipline.
- Previous experience working on product safety and product environmental engineering for naval equipment would be an advantage.
- Lifestyle - great outdoors lifestyle. Snowboarding/skiing in the winter, surfing, and hikes in the summer.
- Accommodation - affordable, spacious and beautifully appointed.
- Social - a big city with small town vibe
- Education - fantastic facilities to choose from and one of Canada's top universities
- Connections - only 2 hours by plane to New York, 6 hours by plane to the UK.
4 ½ years working in defence recruitment, specifically for the past 2 years I have specialised in international recruitment helping people and their families transform their lives and take the leap to move permanently to a new country. For more information, my contact details are:
T: +44 1489 898 245
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.