- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Field Service Engineer
Looking for a new local opportunity?
We are looking for an experience Field Service Engineer to cover the ME postcode area.
The role of a Service Engineer is to conduct scheduled planned maintenance on material handling trucks located at our customers' premises DS SMITH. The Service Engineer is responsible for maintaining equipment to a high standard whilst providing excellent customer service.
- Carry out planned maintenance to pre-determined schedules and document fully.
- Carry out rebuilds on all Linde trucks.
- Identify faulty or sub-standard equipment through the use of industry expertise, diagnostic software, Guidance Notes (GN's) and/or specialist advice.
- Inspect lifting chains & forks in accordance with relevant GN's.
- Ensure all safety related guards and protective circuits are functional.
- Compile reports detailed damage &/or abuse.
- Identify spare parts through the use of LSG or appropriate pats lists.
- Compile parts orders, submit to parts dept and expedite where applicable.
- Complete weekly activity sheet and submit within published timescale.
- Observe Health & Safety requirements at all times.
- Report all accidents and near miss events as required.
- Dispose of waste oils, lubricants and contaminated waste appropriately.
- Observe speed limits and operate equipment in accordance with FTT requirements.
- Ensure all PPE is worn as required, maintained to safe standard & replaced accordingly
The successful candidate will be able to communicate with people of all levels whilst working as part of a team, keeping relevant team members informed, (including the Service Desk) of what jobs and breakdowns they are doing and any information which is necessary as part of a job handover. When working as part of a team they will also be required to maintain the company Service standards and work together to meet the teams required performance metrics and KPI's. Applicants will ideally have a fork-truck engineering background and/or qualifications, will be skilled in engine and Battery powered trucks and will hold a driving licence and be computer literate.
Van & Fuel Card Included
Please contact Amy Lapworth on 01489 898833 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.