- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our clients, based in Petersfield have an exciting opportunity for a Production Manager to join their growing team in Petersfield.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent Production Manager on the 4 on 4 off shift rotation (11pm-11am). The role comes with some great company benefits, including a competitive salary and a very attractive shift allowance. The key responsibilities of the Production Manager include:
- Increase production capacity and reduce changeover times. Prioritise changeover activity and coordinate to support business performance.
- Drive high performance in physical area of responsibility. Manage the team to ensure they strive for excellence and efficiency.
- Facilitate cross-functional improvement with team and other departments.
- Drive delivery and compliance with Good Manufacturing (GMP), Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), Material Usage variance (MUV) and Housekeeping standards.
- Ensure effective information exchange with all shifts and key support functions.
- Deliver performance against agreed targets for Safety, participation in Behaviour-Based Safety (BBS), Quality Parts per Million (PPM), Customer Service and Delivery.
- Manage the performance of direct reports effectively, to include appraisals, recognition, coaching and development (succession planning). Support and monitor sickness and absence.
- Brief team on plant / company communications.
- Participate as required in Regional & Global Initiatives such a LEAN Manufacturing, Quality Improvement Programmes.
Additional Job Specifications:
- Manage a team effectively in a challenging environment.
- Ability to persuade, influence and motivate.
- Problem solving skills, able to resolve issues quickly and with the best use of resources.
- Good adaptable IT skills & written skills, for reporting and general correspondence.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyse and interpret statistical / numerical data for effective continuous improvement.
- Embed the company Principles within a daily working environment.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.