- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
There are two contract opportunities for Hardware Engineers to join Matchtech's key client based in Portsmouth.
Hardware Engineers are required to be a part of the Type 26 Tactical Data Links Hardware team working on the assembly of components into both commercial and platform standard cabinets.
In the role you will provide hardware expertise to building, installation, testing activities and acceptance events of Commercial and Platform specific cabinets at a variety of locations across the south of England. The platform standard cabinets (along with supporting equipment) will undergo design proving and environmental testing at a certified test house. There will also be a requirement to engage with sub-contractors and suppliers where necessary.
- Knowledge and experience in assembling COTS hardware and PC technology.
- Experience with COTS cabinets, cabinet/rack/unit design, wiring and wiring schedules, power distribution etc.
- Good documentation skills
- A good team player with strong communication skills, and an ability to quickly learn on the job
- Experience in Naval Combat System Equipment build, manufacture, physical integration, installation and acceptance
- Knowledge of EMC and environmental (shock, vibration, cooling) control measures applied to equipment containing COTS items to meet military specifications
- Experience of working with sub-contractors
- Experience in Design Certification
SC clearance required from the outset.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.