- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Civil Engineer (Airport Infrastructure)
My client's Airport Infrastructure sector is growing and as a result they are looking to appoint a Principal Civil Design Engineer to join their Airports team.
You will be involved on exciting projects and bids and in return receive a competitive salary and flexible benefits package.
My client has a long and proud history supporting a wide variety of clients in airport infrastructure over the last 80 years, delivering airside and landside design, construction and maintenance. This role is in support of the continued growth and increasing workload and provides a unique chance to join a highly skilled airport design team who are passionate about delivering excellence to our clients.
The companies airfield specialism focusses on; airside planning, asset management, civil engineering design and rehabilitation, pavement assessment, airfield stand services, ancillary facilities, aeronautical ground lighting (AGL) and aerodrome safeguarding.
- The team has long-standing relationships with the Project, Engineering and Airside Operations Teams at the major civil airports in the UK with continuity stretching back 25 years.
- My client have active major projects at Heathrow, Gatwick, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Stansted along with a growing order book.
- They are delivering design, consultancy services and expert advice to aviation sector clients including Airbus, Amey Defence/MOD and others.
- Currently developing new and existing technologies to deliver innovation in the form of drones and asset management.
What is the purpose of this role?
- Manage a full programme of design projects across our range of Airport partnerships.
- Prepare, check and present design concepts and options, design details, drawing and specifications and other technical documents.
- Develop designs including runways, taxiways, stands and roads.
- Check options analysis reports, survey briefs, design calculations and input into project health and safety files.
- Comply with all relevant technical standards including ICAO, EASA, CAA and local airport planning and engineering standards.
- Prepare and monitor the budget for projects including the panning monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances.
- Assist in the preparation of bids.
- Provide guidance, professional development and training for less experienced staff.
What are we looking for?
- Degree within Civil Engineering or associated discipline.
- Chartered status - Ceng + MICE, CMIHT or MIStructE or be on your way to achieving this.
- Demonstrable post qualification experience designing infrastructure projects including pavements and associated services - Airport design work is preferable however Highways and Port would also be considered.
- Experience of leading the coordination of multi-disciplined design teams to include Electrical and Structural Engineers.
- Be able to deal with clients, project partners and supply chain.
- Computer literate within Office 365 and engineering software AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D and AviPLAN.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.