- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Product Line Manager
Our key client that specialises in first class, business class and premium economy interiors for commercial aircraft currently have an opportunity for an Senior Product Line Manager at their site in Cwmbran.
Responsible for the Governance and successful execution of assigned Product Lines to meet the Internal Customer expectations and the Company's business objectives. Develop and lead the Integrated Product-Line Team (IPT)
Functional leader of the Multi skilled Integrated Product-Line Team.
Management of the Product-line
- Manage the development and implementation of integrated plans to deliver the Product-Line in its entirety, including the Product-Line initial Maturity Phase, the support to bit, the capture of the Lessons learnt and support to Customer Program and the preparation of the next Product-Line Generations.
- Contribute fully to the tendering process
- Manage product-lines plans, gateways, PROMPT milestones, budget, risk register and Business Plan.
- Manage the product-lines constraints to ensure delivery to schedule, cost and quality targets
- Proactively manage changes to the Product-Lines whilst identifying and mitigating any consequential risks , issues or opportunities arising from the change to the Product-Line itself and Customer Programs instantiated from the Product-Line if any.
- Communicate and cascade strategies, targets and timelines in managing performance and delivering key business goals.
- Support the Business Development activities during the bid phase up to award of business.
- Support the Customer Program team in the instantiation of the Product-Line into a customer Product.
- Escalate to the Executive any risk or issues that require senior attention
Customer/ Account management
- Act as Product-Line focal and manage Internal customer/stakeholders relationships to deliver excellent levels of customer service
- Facilitate and Stage Manage key OEM reviews and provide regular rolling reports on cost, scope, risk mitigation and schedule performance.
- Interface with the Marketing, Engineering, Quality ,Procurement and line side maintenance teams, for all aspects of Product-Line Management and ongoing support to instantiated Customer Programs from the Product-Line
- Identify Business Plan opportunities for the Product-Line and document the Exec Decision making process.
- Develop and use market intelligence to improve the Product-line attributes
Team leadership & development
- Lead Integrated Project Teams to ensure the successful delivery of Product-Line
- Develop resources and requirements plans in line with the needs of the company's business plan
- Provide 'Ad-Hoc' support to the team members requiring additional mentoring, guidance and development
- Encourage Lesson's Learned, innovation and best practice
- Educated to degree level
- Prince 2, MSP, PMP, APM / PMI qualified
- Extensive demonstrable experience of programme management in an aerospace or similarly highly engineered product environment
- Commercially astute with a proven track record of delivering complex and high value programmes.
- Experience of New Product Introduction and phased gateways.
- Exceptional business and commercial awareness
- Polished and persuasive written and verbal communication skills
- Confident, with the ability to work and liaise within the industry, up to and including CEO / Chairman level
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop, support and motivate others to perform beyond their own level of expectation
- Solid organization skills with the ability to plan and consistently achieve challenging deadlines
- Tenacious, determined and motivated by achievement of targets
- Ability to work under pressure with challenging timescales in a fast paced environment
- Champions a continuous improvement mindset
- Ambitious, resourceful and driven to succeed
- Flexibility and willingness to travel within UK and oversees for extended durations and at short notice
- Competent user of MS Office packages, including MS Excel and Project
- UK Driving licence holder
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.