- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Fancy progressing into a new role ready for the New Year?
This Innovative and forward thinking company may have an opportunity for you!
This companies cutting-edge technology uniquely harnesses liquid air to deliver zero emissions power and cooling. It is developing a portfolio of proprietary technologies, products and services, which deliver significant reductions in operating cost, fuel usage and emissions, at low capital cost.The first application of the technology will be to provide sustainable and efficient transport refrigeration, is currently undergoing trials.The company is building an international reputation for innovation, rigour, commercial acumen and engineering excellence, all to fulfil its primary objective - to make the world a cleaner, cooler place.
The role of a Mechanical and Electrical Draughtsman will require the individual to undertake the following:
- To conduct concept, detail, assembly and production designs, design calculations and analysis.
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical and electrical equipments using CAD software.
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, layout, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Review and analyse specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Maintain and update drawings and 3D CAD for both mechanical and electrical components.
- Track and monitor engineering and design changes.
- Develop layouts, drawings and designs.
- Produce CAD drawings for new or improved products using industry, departmental and discipline standards.
- Work with other teams to obtain reference information for drawings.
- Read and understand 2D and 3D drawings.
- To work with colleagues and customers to overcome technical challenges and develop practical and innovative designs, using SolidWorks 3D CAD for the engineering of equipment, systems and components.
- Assist in the continuous development of company standards and procedures relating to design and drawing control.
- Providing technical support to our project partners utilising Dearman supplied hardware.
- Development and maintenance of appropriate risk, design and development management procedures
- Relevant degree or qualification in Engineering.
- Five or more years of experience working in a relevant Engineering discipline such as engines, heat transfer, refrigeration, or power systems in a design role.
- Preferably qualified in Design / CAD.
- Previous experience in a CAD Draughtsman role
- Broad knowledge of Engineering.
- Knowledge of modern design, development techniques and best practice.
- A creative approach for generating new ideas.
- Excellent communication, numerical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to produce work consistently to a high standard within tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise and manage a diverse and busy workload.
- Experience of liaison with customers or suppliers.
- Use of Solidworks or similar 3D CAD package.
If this role is of interest, feel free to call Amy Lapworth on 01489 898833 to discuss further. firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.