- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Utility Services Technician
A Technician is required to provide specialist training and support for the avoidance of underground and overhead services.
- Skilled in the use of all equipment used in the detection of utility services.
- Providing support to all teams in the location of and avoidance of underground services.
- Survey and produce simple drawings showing the locations of services for use by the operational teams
- Provide skilled advice to operational teams following surveys, in the safe methods to be utilised for excavations. To assist operatives in the tracing of utility plant.
- To train operatives in the effective use of cable detection equipment & techniques and in the understanding of public utility plans and drawings.
- To liaise and train operatives in the supply chain in the effective use of cable detection equipment & techniques and in the understanding of public utility plans and drawings.
- To liaise with utility companies and clients / consultants to obtain site plans of underground and overhead plant.
- To keep records of all training provided and regular reports on progress to Head of Service.
- Contract champion in the location of and avoidance of underground services.
- Develop and update training for planning work, using cable plans, cable locating devices & safe digging practices in accordance with company processes.
- Undertake ad-hoc site audits to ensure compliance with company procedures.
- To ensure all health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To follow and utilise the Management Systems (RJMS).
- Incident management - assisting with incident investigations as required, supporting the appointed investigating officer.
- Maintain an awareness of developments and improvement in technology used in detection of services.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in the use of equipment used in the detection of utility services and the ability to evaluate / understand and communicate findings from statutory undertakers drawings
- Ability to conduct effective training with staff, operatives and subcontractors
- Ability to effectively communicate with all staff and operatives on the contract both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team
- A comprehensive understanding of Health & Safety legislation and a knowledge and understanding of PAS-128 / HSG47
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and appropriate software
- Ability to work unsupervised at times and take initiative
- Ability to prioritise work and manage workload delivering high quality work in a punctual manner
- Ability to advise on GS6 assessments for overhead cables
- An understanding of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA) and associated codes of practice
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.