- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Minor Projects Programme Manager
Local Authority Client in the Bedfordshire area are looking for an interim Minor Projects Programme Manager for an initial 4 month contract, for more information please call Adam @ Matchtech on 01489 898881.
To lead and manage the provision of a customer focused team that works in a way that reflects the Councils values, contributing to the development, implementation and management of cost effective programmes of planned works.
To lead and develop the annual rolling programmes e.g. BAIP, ensuring each project is delivered on time and to budget.
- Lead, manage and develop the team in such a way as to enable staff to do their best work every day, working in a way that reflects the Councils values. Retain staff and achieving business objectives and performance targets.
- Manage the resources in the team by effectively identifying and allocating projects, programmes and tasks to direct reports or contractors/agency workers ensuring sufficient information, direction and support is provided for them to deliver the works to a high standard. Ensure performance management frameworks are in place to monitor effectiveness of the service and undertake corrective action if required.
- Improve the team by researching best practice and benchmarking; undertaking quality management activities; engaging with customers and staff to enhance the customer experience; and implementing working smarter making the most of modern technology, workspaces and ways of working to ensure the provision of a customer focused and efficient service.
- Lead on the procurement and management of contracts and framework agreements. This will include establishing the best route to market, the preparation of specification and contract documentation, tendering and contract management of specific contracts and framework agreements.
- Ensure Condition Surveys, Access Audits, Dilapidation and other surveys are undertaken as required, and the information is entered onto the Property Asset Management Register (TF Cloud). Use this information to create a programme of works, prioritise the works, estimate costs and delivery timescales and allocate resource to deliver the programme.
- Be the point of escalation for complex building related issues, complex insurance assessments and claims and contractual disputes, maintaining an excellent standard of knowledge on building solutions, construction methods and materials to provide advice, support direct reports, review designs, specifications and make recommendations on technical issues.
- Manage own workload to a high degree of efficiency and know when to seek guidance and assistance from line manager or when specialist advice is required.
- Act as the Budget Manager for the budgets under your control, ensure effective financial management, including updating the monthly forecast on the finance system.
- Participate in a twenty four hours per day, 365 days per year advice and call out service for Council Properties. Duties are normally for one week at a time as part of a rota.
- Carry out any other responsibilities that reasonably fall within the scope of the post-holder and to assist with any reasonable duty at the request of the Line Manager.
1 FTE Senior Surveyor
3 FTE Building Surveyors
2 FTE Assistant Building Surveyor
Capital Budget - £2 Million pa
Schools Capital Budget - £2 Million pa
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.