- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our manufacturing client are a well established and successful business who are looking for a Production Shift Supervisor to join their busy team.
As a Production Shift Supervisor you will be responsible for supporting the Production Manager by ensuring the effective performance of the shift, through the organisation of product flow, co-ordination / monitoring of Manufacturing, facilitating inter-departmental actions and acting to resolve problems at the earliest opportunity.
POSITION: Production Shift Supervisor
SHIFT: 4 on 4 off Shift - Days/Nights
REPORTING TO: Production Manager
- Work in partnership with other Shift Supervisors and other departments to ensure communication, information flow and that workflow is achieved effectively.
- Promote and maintain a safe working environment.
- Act as a role model for safety behaviours and practices.
- Undertake initial investigation and reporting of accidents and incidents, providing a statement of facts to support the investigation process.
- Promote and maintain housekeeping standards.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining Lean initiatives.
- Ensure availability of suitably skilled labour to meet production requirements through the co-ordination of overtime, holiday and absence cover etc.
- Conduct Absence return to work interviews.
- Monitor time-keeping and lateness.
- Ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Support the Maintenance team to ensure either planned or unplanned maintenance is carried out effectively.
- Ensure that comprehensive end of shift handovers are completed to drive efficiency.
- Provide structured feedback to the Production Manager on operator and machine performance.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects as required to support business objectives.
- Attend and add value to the structure of daily production meetings.
- Work with the Production Manager to develop the role on-going.
- Act as the Emergency focal point for the site during nights/weekends.
Candidates will ideally be educated to HNC level in a Technical discipline and preferably have manufacturing experience within a multi-process environment. Analytical ability and an aptitude for identifying the root cause of problems are essential.
Self-motivated with excellent communication skills, the successful candidate will possess the proven ability to lead, motivate, co-ordinate and develop Team Leaders and Production Operators to achieve departmental targets and objectives.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.