- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My Client is recruiting for a Project Engineer to work within the Water Sector
The Project Engineer will be responsible for assisting in all delivery preparation activities in and during operational life of programmed work. In your role as a Project Engineer, you will provide full project guidance and ensure that maintenance plans are developed and agreed as the overall work package evolves.
This will be done by focusing on the below key points:
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with relevant management.
- Co-ordinating procurement and site activities on a project.
- Preparing project status reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Write engineering specifications in order to generate enquiries.
- Write detailed and accurate Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS).
- Undertake site surveys, taking measurements, photos, asking questions of operations, understanding of process, assessing access and egress.
- Resolve technical and logistical issues as they arise.
- Supporting the sites' needs, material, labour, resources and plant.
- Drive and lead procurement of materials through creation and review of bill of materials.
- Evaluate, organise and prioritise workload within the schedule.
- Attend client meetings.
- Liaise with clients.
- Regularly reporting projects progress and updates to Senior Management.
- Defect management and close out of defects.
- Supplier management: Day to day liaison with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Technical assessment of supplier quotations.
- Programme management: adherence to programmes and report to management on any discrepancies.
- Tendering: preparation of tenders, passing to management for review and final sign off.
- Attendance at supplier premises to inspect completed works.
- Deputise and pick up line management duties of the supervisor/ team leader where required.
- Ensuring compliance with CDM & HSE regulations.
- Accurately setting out and levelling of the works in accordance with the drawing's specifications.
- Delivery to time and cost
- To provide support to management team.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
- Relevant engineering degree or HND, BTec, professional level 5 award or equivalent experience.
- Competent in MS Excel.
- Manage own workload to ensure priorities and deadlines are maintained.
- Ability to write detailed reports.
- Appreciation of financial cost control (supported).
- Experience of MS Project and or P6 Primavera planning software.
- Clear understanding of NEC form of contract is preferable.
- Understanding of water and waste water industry and processes is preferable.
- Valid UK driving licence.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.