- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Systems Engineers
We have a number of requirements for Principal Systems Engineers to join Matchtech's key client based in Frimley on initial 12 month contracts.
You will have the opportunity to work on one of a variety of our programmes and projects, helping us to design, develop, integrate, manage and support complex systems and combat sub-systems for in service and future submarines. You will work with other technical specialists and may manage a team of other engineers to understand and influence the inputs, flow of decisions and dependencies that will impact system design and product delivery.
You will be able to understand and report the programme status for engineering activities in your area of responsibility, be able to identify problem areas and implement recovery plans, helping us to support our submarines that play a critical role in our nation's defence.
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science).
- Knowledge of the system engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good systems engineering practices to your work
- Understanding of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
- Use of system analysis and design tools such as Enterprise Architect.
- Experience of working in a customer-facing and/or supplier engagement role.
- Member of appropriate professional institution; Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
We welcome people with experience of the military, defence and maritime industries, who can use their knowledge and learning to help us ensure that we provide the best products into submarines. We are also keen to work with people from other industries, technical fields and working environments who can bring in innovative and fresh thinking and work with us to participate and contribute to the important work that we do.
We are looking for motivated people who can take responsibility for their own outputs and be confident working autonomously and in a structured manner. You will be capable of supervising others will have strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Please note - due to the project you must be SC cleared / clearable and a sole British national to apply*
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.