- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Controls Support
We are looking for a number of Project Control Assistant's to work in Bristol for DE&S.
Do you have experience in a Project Controls environment and looking for an opportunity with plenty of career progression?
Would you find it exciting to work with military colleagues and industry on some of the most important and challenging work the UK Government is undertaking?
If this sounds like you, we have multiple exciting vacancies available across DE&S and SDA for Project Controls Support.
If successful in this position, you will be the ""right hand"" to a Project/Programme Manager. You will be responsible for the delivery of Project controls management on a variety of smaller projects and may under guidance work on more complex projects and portfolios. These projects deliver and support operational capability on a multitude of Defence Equipment for the Armed Forces.
In order to be successful in this role, you must have:
* Experience of Programme or Project Controls in a project delivery environment
* Some previous responsibility for supporting and working within a Project Controls team in a project delivery environment
* Possess good interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills with an ability to work with all levels of the delivery team
* Ability to interpret project controls data to drive performance
As Project Controls Support, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks including:
* Setting and maintaining performance measurement baselines
* Directing and integrating all aspects of Earned Value Management (EVM)
* Cost management
* Scheduling and risk management
* Providing analysis of progress and driving agreed recovery actions
* Interpreting project controls performance data and communicating it to the delivery team
* Providing robust advice for delivery stakeholders on issues regarding project performance.
These roles would suit Project Controls professionals with a record of accomplishment in either in Supplier, Consultant or Client-side roles; ideally with a background in delivery projects through the stages of design, procurement and construction/production. A background in the Defence Sector is not a prerequisite as we welcome applicants from a broad spectrum of industries and sectors.
You must also have experience in at least one of the following within Project Controls:
* Cost Control / Estimating
* Performance Management / EVM
* Project Risk & Risk Analysis
* Planning & Scheduling
If you have a Degree in a Business or Technical subject, then this would be beneficial, but it is not essential.
Due to security requirements, these posts are reserved for SOLE UK NATIONALS ONLY.
The closing date is 15th December 2019.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.