- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Safety & Environmental Engineer
Principal Safety & Environmental Engineer ** Frimley ** 12 Months ** £53.00 UMBRELLA / £41.38 PAYE** INSIDE IR35
As a Principal Safety Engineer you will be carrying out a range of Safety Engineering activities and analyses on all areas of the Submarine Combat System, including Navigation, Command and Control, and Communication systems. This work will contribute to the development and maintenance of Def Stan 00-56 safety cases, to demonstrate that the safety risks of operating the submarine are as low as reasonably possible.
- Developing functional safety justifications for defence systems based on claims, argument and evidence.
- Carrying out and analysing results of studies such as Failure Mode & Effects Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, to gather evidence to support the safety case.
- Engaging with third parties, such as equipment or system suppliers, to review and gather supporting safety case evidence.
- Conducting Risk Management in accordance with Def Stan 00-56.
- Hazard identification and risk analysis.
- Product safety management system.
- Relevant engineering qualification such as BEng/ MEng or equivalent.
- Broad knowledge of industry safety standards (such as Def Stan 00-56, IEC 61508 or similar).
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate domain knowledge in at least one of the the following:
o Maritime Navigation
o Command and Control Systems
o Sonar Systems
o Virtualised Networks
o Radio Communications
o Radar Systems
o Underwater Weapons
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.