- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join thier team.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will help design electric motors for a wide range of applications. As one of our engineers, you will create dependable, hardworking products befitting our company's name.
You will exercise your creativity and determination every day as you develop prototypes to finished product designs and release them for manufacturing when they meet or exceed our specifications for product quality and safety.
- Design products using CAD, and consult with engineering and manufacturing teammates to ensure that designs are feasible
- Develop and build prototypes and run tests to measure their level of function
- Record and evaluate testing data, altering designs as necessary to bring them to safety, performance and efficiency standards
- Consult with purchasing and manufacturing teams during product build, advising them on design specifications and providing assistance when required
- Research competitor products and collaborate with sales and project team to generate ideas for enhancing our products.
- Input cost estimates for final product designs, and release reports to the team, incorporating costs of labour, material, delivery and overhead
- Attend project and team meetings to provide progress reports, obtain updates on colleagues' progress, and acquire information about up and coming projects.
- Attend customer meetings to give advice on designs and product capabilities.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Mechanical Engineering Qualifications Degree/HND/HNC
- Minimum Two years' experience in a professional engineering position
- Investigative mind inclined toward developing practical solutions to real-world problems
- Proficiency with CAD, SolidWorks, PDM and Microsoft Office
- Experience in electric motor design
- Electro Mechanical design apprenticeship hands on manufacturing experience
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.