- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
The Bespoke Design Engineer is responsible for the Engineering Design and delivery of all component development activities within the engineering department to ensure on time introduction and integration of bespoke features.
Key accountabilities include:
- To support the necessary development activities including; Research Investigation, Engineering Costing, Engineering Design, Parts List Creation, Risk Analysis, whilst ensuring product parameters (product properties, costs, weight, quality, timing) are released on time within the scope defined by Bespoke Feature Sheets, assigned by the Lead Engineer
- Developing and evaluating conceptual alternatives and supporting the Bespoke Project Engineer with the cost information provided to UR-V-B / LR-W-1 purchasing for make or buy decisions
- To take part in the "Bespoke Engineering Team" and deliver activities assigned within the team comprised of the Process-Chain stakeholders
- To support the release of engineering requirements for features with input into various risk analysis steps, including Risk filters, DFMEAs, and support the creation of DVPs, Lastenhefts, and other engineering documents
- To carry out the design & development of the bespoke components including the generation of BoM, CAD Data, 2D drawings, other specification data (e.g. 3D Measurement Plans) and prepare information for Engineering Release
- To carry out the design of parts within disciplinary groups content and content within other functions of the wider LR-W-1 Engineering department for features within; Commission Collections, Editions, One-Off Features, Innovations, Aftersales, etc
- To ensure the engineering design is integrated within the series product packaging without unforeseen effects to the product performance
- To ensure requirements required for manufacture are implemented into the design and associated documents
- To support in determining the required quality requirements from an engineering perspective working with design & quality functions
- To implement the product changes as resolution activities for any issues identified in the "Problem Management Process" (PMP) when requested by the SE Team Leader/Lead Engineer/Quality steering function; and to report the status of measures when required
- To continually improve department processes and process "Building Blocks" in conjunction with colleagues throughout the complete bespoke organisation
- To actively participate in departmental strategic improvements and initiatives
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or equivalent
- 5 years' experience in an Automotive Engineering environment
- Knowledge of Automotive Manufacturing Processes for interior/exterior/electrical components with the ability to select appropriate processes and tooling options for low and medium volume manufacturing volumes
- Knowledge of international automotive legislation and homologation requirements
Additional skills requirements:
- Advanced CAD (Catia V5) competence required
- IT skills essential for Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Word, and ideally knowledge of OEM Group Engineering systems (e.g. Tais, Prisma, DZA etc)
- Business/technical German language would be advantageous
- Ability to self-motivate with a flexible approach to delivering business orientated targets in short project timelines
- Ability to flexibly travel is required around working hours to visit various UK/European suppliers & OEM project offices in Munich, Germany.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.