- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client are a major defence business responsible for manufacturing and maintenance of the British military's primary communication systems. This is an exciting opportunity for a test engineer to work on cutting edge comms technology.
- Fault find to component level on both RF modules and complex CCA's.
- Test Procedures - may be required to assist with the preparation of production test procedures from engineering specifications to assure that the product is being adequately tested in every parameter required.
- Production Test Support -- Train production test personnel on the theory of operation of company products.
- Support test on problems too complex for production tester.
- Analyse test problems and inform the project test engineer when a design problem exists.
- Assembly -- Performs assembly/test of highly complex assemblies used in military communications.
- Administrative -- Assists on cost reduction, and records to identify problem areas in test.
- Conduct STE acceptance and/or qualification and/or type test.
- Assists in development, assembly, and maintenance of STE.
- Assist others in department when needed.
- Work on special duties such as programming the automatic test equipment.
- ONC/HNC in electronic engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
- Proven experience of component level fault finding on complex electronic systems.
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of electronic products including some mechanical understanding.
- Knowledge of mathematics is required.
- Requires ability to communicate well with others.
- PC Literate.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.