- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highways Inspector x 3
- Our client is looking for a Highways Inspector to join a busy team on a contract basis starting soon.
- This role is INSIDE IR35 (PAYE or via Umbrella Company)
- To undertake highway inspections (safety, programmed and condition) on the Highway Network.
- To undertake and assist in the supervision and maintenance of highway works, ensuring compliance with best engineering principles and Codes of Practice, having due regard to health, safety, work planning and budgetary control.
- To contribute to the achievement of national and local targets and performance indicators related to highway network condition through the delivery of the local Transport Plan / Highway Revenue Budget programmes and to provide expertise in highway maintenance matters related to the Service and the Authority.
- Carry out Safety Inspections and Condition Surveys etc. of the highway network.
- Sample materials and workmanship and arrange testing as necessary.
- Be competent in the use of computer software necessary for carrying out your duties including entering recorded data onto computerised databases, filing systems and ordering of works through the Insight Works Ordering System.
- Comply with and ensure that all inspections are carried out in accordance with all appropriate Quality Management System procedures and directives.
- Contribute to the development of alternative solutions to engineering problems and formulate recommendations, working as part of an integrated team.
- Establish effective lines of communication with customers, providers and statutory bodies to keep all clearly informed of priorities, targets and progress.
Qualifications / Experience:
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in relation to highway works inspection and maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and other allied safety legislation.
- Good standard of numeracy.
- National Diploma in Civil Engineering or Technical NVQ Level 4 in Civil Engineering or Completion of National Apprenticeship Scheme or External Lighting Diploma.
Engineering Technician status (Eng.Tech) or Membership of the Institution of
- Highway Engineers (MIHE).
Working conditions / environment:
- Will be required to undertake work outside normal hours, including nights, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Must be able to travel to any location in the district.
- Will be required to attend outdoor sites at all times of year.
- Must be able to perform all duties and tasks with reasonable adjustment, where appropriate, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 in relation to Disability Provisions.
- 37.5 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working available.
- A willingness to occasionally work outside of 'normal' office hours if required.
- Overtime occasionally available depending on workloads.
- £20.00 - £25.00 p/h LTD via Umbrella Provider (the rate is dependent on candidate experience)
- Weekly pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Callum Laycock directly on 01489882575
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.