- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Head of Production
Our clients, based in Horsham has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Production to join their growing team.
You will lead the production and maintenance dept's delivery of the Company's strategic goals, balancing daily output with the medium-term improvements.
- To continue to build a positive and pro-active culture of engaged staff, willing to be flexible, keen to learn, develop and to be part of a continuous improvement culture.
- To direct staff when necessary, but to primarily focus on supporting staff development and upskilling such that self-directed working is the primary method of running the factory. Local teams within process area should be able to make their own decisions to support productive output.
- To promote staff learning, motivation and welfare across the departments and to actively ensure all staff are supported to positively contribute to their best ability.
- To hold team meetings to inform staff of the wider objectives, company performance and to promote cross communication and idea sharing, whilst celebrating successes
- To support the introduction of Lean Manufacturing improvement tools such as LEAN, Six Sigma, 8D, 5Why and Kaizen workshops and to facilitate or lead these as required
- Implement 5S, adhere to all Health & Safety requirements and Company policies
- To deliver strategic and capital improvement projects from inception through to conclusion, presenting options and recommendations, and managing or participating in teams as appropriate.
- To manage payroll, pay increases and bonus payments through the application and specification of pay polices, training matrix and bonus schemes, adjusting or updating them when appropriate.
- To manage all shift patterns, overtime, recruitment and sickness and absence.
- To manage all maintenance activities across the site, allocating resources appropriately on a priority basis and controlling costs and maximising uptime, spotting trends in repeated failures and presenting solutions to resolve these
- To Participate with the Transport, Supply Chain and Customer service teams in co-ordination meetings and identification of process improvements and ways to help improve Customer service.
- Any other tasks as required to support the business or at the request of the Operations Director
- A proven manager who can demonstrate development of people and teams and is able to connect with people and get the best out of them.
- A good communicator, influencer and listener who can direct a team to be highly effective
- A person with high levels of personal drive and determination to achieve results and to find inefficiencies and resolve them, constantly seeking new challenges
- A disciplined manager able to balance daily compliance and procedural adherence to future long-term planning and improvements and to meet deadlines
- Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent Degree, Lean manufacturing experience
- Good written and spoken English, Numeracy and ability on Microsoft Office and ERP Systems
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.