- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Design Engineer & Checker
Design Engineer & Checker - Prestwick - 12 months - £36ph LTD
You will be working as part of the Engineering team that develops design solutions and processes design data in support of the Military Aircraft products of BAE Systems. This is a technical role relating initially to the migration of CATIAv4 design data to CATIAv5 and the checking on the migrated design data, and thereafter the design of structures and mechanical installations associated with sustainment of the F-35 aircraft product.
Your main responsibilities as a Design Engineer will involve, but not be limited to:
- Applying relevant design standards and processes to ensure an exact replication of migrated design data, including both the 3D model and 2D drawing representation
- Conducting a wide range of activities including feasibility studies, research and design, across the full Engineering Lifecycle, to meet defined project requirements
- Perform an independent authorised check specific to the CATIA v5 migration activity
- Interpreting existing Design Data and developing new solutions using CATIA v5
- Identifying areas of Technical Risk and Opportunity
- Delivering a planned output to Schedule, Quality and Cost
- Ensuring that work is undertaken in accordance with company, safety, environmental, contractual and business processes, standards, procedures and documentation
- Reporting progress through weekly Operation and Achievement reviews
Your skills and qualifications as a Design Engineer:
- Structures and Mechanical Installation design/ development experience
- Proficiency in CATIA V5 and experience in a PDM system
- Experience in a design engineering role in Airframe Design
- Experience of independent design checking is essential
- Previous experience of BAES platforms (inc check) is preferred
- Typically hold a relevant engineering qualification to HNC/HND level or above
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a variety of stakeholders
You will be able to work effectively both independently, as well as within a team, with an honest and transparent attitude to the professional working environment. Good communication skills are essential.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.