- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Risk Analyst (SAM) - Wastewater
My client, Southern Water, are looking for 2 Risk Analysts to work from their offices in Falmer, Brighton on a pemranent staff basis.
Key Purpose of the Job
Provide and maintain reporting and communication on prioritised level of risks against level of performance required to area teams, allowing remedial effort to be directed to where it will produce the greatest value.
Provide risk and resilience analysis prioritisation and reporting at area level enabling Southern Water to understand area of exposure, enabling mitigation to be put in place. Report areas of exposure above risk appetite that requires immediate mitigation.
Provide consistent risk and resilience assessments in line with Southern Water enterprise risk and resilience framework.
Undertake a systematic programme of Hazard Reviews for area to identify and quantify risks using existing information.
Identify and embed improvement opportunities to the Hazard review process.
As part of the integrated team input to the risk and value process, provide a clear articulation of needs and benefits.
Provide subject matter expertise to ensure that risks are identified and reported in a consistent manner and that actionable insight is available for decision making. Promote continuous improvement of processes.
* Driving excellence in Health and Safety ensuring H&S management is a priority.
* Operate consistent risk identification, scoring, analysis, prioritisation and validation and reporting processes in line with asset management, risk and resilience frameworks.
* Identify asset needs and support the interpretation of results linked to performance commitments and customer promises.
* Identify and report risk proximity to inform investment needs prioritisation and immediate escalation.
* Support production of need statements suitable for the investment planning process and that relevant governance and asset lifecycle process steps are implemented.
* Use required information and datasets to undertake risk and resilience assessments.
* Link asset failure impacts or opportunities with clear line of sight to customer outcomes.
* Responsible for the production and integration of material for reports and business updates on resilience and risk levels. This includes required regulatory reporting (DWMP, DWSP etc.)
* Responsible for the identification of current and future performance and compliance risks through a systematic Hazard review process which includes onsite reviews.
* Assist operations with the identification of training, capacity and resource requirements to meet plans.
* Feed into the development of new asset management systems and processes to establish industry leading asset management practices within Southern Water.
* Implement the HazRev process and the Resilience Framework processes.
* Support on the development and the implementation of new processes at Southern Water, such as risk and value, DWMP and integrated business planning.
* Degree in science, risk, asset management, engineering or numerate subject or similar demonstrated experience.
* Demonstrate Risk Management experience and understanding of water and/or wastewater processes (networks and treatment works).
* Firm understanding of principles of risk management.
* Demonstrate a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
* High level of numeracy and literacy with attention to detail, with IT skills.
* Experience in demonstrating the ability to evaluate risks and hazards against business drivers and targets, short and long term to assess resilience.
* Demonstrate an understanding of the Water Industry regulatory framework and OFWAT's business model.
* Evidence of developing and passionately communicating with key stakeholders.
* Ability to facilitate and challenge discussions.
* Collaborates across functions and departments in the best interest of the customer within company's constraints.
* Proven ability to meet timescales and ensure quality of output through effective organisation and prioritisation of tasks.
* Asset management experience desirable.
* Post graduate qualification in science, engineering, water or environment, asset management qualification / professional association.
* Member of a risk management / asset management approved body.
Direct reports: You will not have direct report.
Indirect reports: Close liaison with water and wastewater wholesale departments, system and intelligence teams, environmental quality and data teams will be required in understanding and delivering the required outputs. Close liaison with regulators and external stakeholders. The role will occasionally engage with external support consultants.
Other required duties: You may be asked to support the delivery of outcomes required by the business. You will also be part of an emergency planning rota.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.