- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Safety Instrument System / Fire & Gas Systems Engineer
The SIS/FGS Engineer will be responsible for the implementation of customised complex and/or standard engineering solutions, usually representing significant portions of a large project.
The successful applicant will have a background in automation and control to support our projects in Woking. The SIS/FGS Engineer will be responsible for the implementation of customised complex and/or standard engineering solutions, usually representing significant portions, of a large project, to successful completion and within budgeted time and cost constraints. To support the implementation of projects in line with company objectives including continuous improvement of margin, customer satisfaction, schedule, working capital and safety performance.
- Play a primary role in defining Automation and Controls deliverable requirement and system design
- Supports the Principal Automation Engineer in accomplishing project objectives
- Leads project sub-teams during system design and implementation
- Applies integration concepts to a wide variety of systems and across multiple vendor platforms
- Leads technical aspects of automation project design and / or implementation
- Experience of Honeywell Safety Manager Systems
- Leads the configuration, database and / or programming activities
- SIS/FGS I/O Assignments
- SIS/FGS Software Template Assignments
- SIS/FGS FS/DDS
- SIS/FGS Configuration
- Control Narrative Review
- Internal SIS/FGS FAT Lead
- Customer SIS/FGS FAT Lead
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents and material and equipment specifications.
- Resolves speciality related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards
- Extensive experience in Automation and Control Engineering
- Has good general knowledge of each engineering discipline with previous experience in directing personnel in an Automation and Controls Lead role
- Has detailed experience with multiple system implementation project and/or control system platforms, preferably Honeywell Systems
- Has established expertise in technical aspects of automation project execution in at least one technical area or system
- Has experience in project estimating, planning, and managerial/leadership aspects of project work
- Has experience in the oil/gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, offshore, or infrastructure industries and is recognised as specialist in a specific engineering field on large to mega projects
- Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications
- Working towards or being a chartered engineer and member of a recognised institution, such as the IET or IMC
- Minimum BSc Degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of computerized control applications & tools
- Strong computer and database skills preferred
- Strong leadership ability, communication skills, loyalty, enthusiasm, and diplomacy
- Potential visits to project sites, within or outside of UK, vendor shops and similar facilities
- Motivated for advancement and shows leadership skills by controlling the assigned scope to ensure it is completed to the required quality and budget
- Excellent communication and team motivation skills
- Enhanced problem solving and ability to act diligently on behalf of all stakeholders
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.