- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
I am currently recruiting for a Finishing Operative to work at my client an aerospace company based in Denham.
They are looking for someone with a background working in a manufacturing environment ideally in finishing or deburring.
- To be conversant with and undertake a variety of Finishing and inspection operations to part mark, mask/unmask, abrasive clean and vibration deburr to the required quality standards and in accordance with work schedules.
- To accurately interpret engineering drawings and work instructions/build plans so that Part Numbers, Drawing Issues, relevant ADR's, process specification and finishes can be accurately identified and applied.
- To be conversant with and employ appropriate techniques as specified on the job cards relevant to specific components such that work is undertaken according to requirements so that :
- Processes are carried out in accordance with laid down procedures/SOP's within the department
- Required quality standards are achieved
- All relevant Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times including Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments, SSOW's arising from RA/COSHH and Material Safety Data Sheets
- Work is completed in accordance with required work schedules
- Productivity is maintained so that the effectiveness and efficiency of the department is at the highest level.
- To undertake self-inspection (and where authorised apply an inspectors stamp) and quality check work undertaken in accordance with laid down quality standards and procedures.
- To assist in the successful implementation of on-going Lean Initiatives including:
- 5S activities
- Continuous Improvement programmes
- To monitor the fitness for purpose of tools and equipment and provide for their replacement and/or recalibration so that tools and equipment are in good condition and suitable for purpose at all times and in order to avoid damage of goods, property and harm to oneself or other employees
- To handle materials, goods and components carefully and comply with safety regulations and handling/machining instructions so that:
- Components are not damaged through mishandling or faulty machining
- Accidents do not occur through negligence or mishandling
- To report any dangerous practices and other dangers such as faulty equipment to local supervision so that all operations are safe at all times.
- To undertake any formal training in-house or external relevant to the job and adopt modern practices within the Department.
- To undertake any other duties as required together with general housekeeping cleaning duties, such that the department and associated areas are maintained in a clean and safe condition, thus providing a safe and efficient working environment.
Part Marking and Packing
Part marking and packing of parts for internal transport and storage.
Interpreting part numbers, drawing issue number, relevant ADRs, process specs and finishes.
Using a kit of parts to mask detail components and assemblies in preparation for paint spraying.
Following paint spraying to unmask components checking painted surfaces for anomalies in line with quality processes
The cleaning of metallic and non-metallic materials by abrasive cleaning with cast iron grit, aluminium oxide particles or glass beads.
Using shot blasting machinery to remove corrosion products and prepare surfaces for joining (Welding and adhesive) and coatings (dry film lubricant, paint schemes)
Cleaning of components using degreasing machinery.
To operate barrel tumbling and vibratory finishing equipment. To prepare the metallic surface for further processing including anodising and passivation.
To suitably mask components to ensure bores, holes, slots, etc. are free from abrasive media before entering machinery.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.