- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Software Engineer - BAE071308 - Warton - 12 Months
Umbrella £44.00 / PAYE £34.35
The Software Safety & Development Team (Warton) has contracts to develop the next generation of Mission Systems for use on all future air platforms (Pyramid Reference Architecture). As a result, there are opportunities for a sub-contractor support to contribute towards shaping the future architecture of avionic systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing Mission System software and the associated Synthetic Environment applications to allow comprehensive assessment of the system requirements and to prove the system architecture.
Experience of software development processes and source code configuration tools;
- C & C++ or Java software development using Eclipse ID
- Ada (95 and onwards) using the AdaCore development environment
- Software development using and for the Linux operating system.
- Experience using source code configuration tools, e.g. Subversion or Git
- Use of UML and associated design tools such as PTC Integrity Modeller (Artisan Studio)
Preferably one or more of the following :
- Embedded software development using real-time operating system environments; IMS, LynxOS
- Experience of Agile development techniques (Scrum/Kanban, Continuous Integration/Build) and supporting tools (e.g. Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo)
- Experience of other software modelling and development tools (e.g. SCADE, Simulink)
- Knowledge of Data Driven Design, Model Based Architectures and Service Driven Software
- Experience of airbourne software standards (e.g. DO-178C)
The candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Good maths skills.
- Willingness to tackle difficult problems with a steep learning curve.
- Willingness to adapt to a fast changing environment
- Demonstrate an ability to analyse and solve complex technical problems
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and solutions to software and non-software engineers
- Quick learner & self-starter.
- Participate in continuous process improvement.
- Understand and comply with BAE Systems Warton policies on security, IT facilities, operating procedures, absence and attendance, staff job time recording, health and safety and business ethics.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.