- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Avionic Systems Engineer
Are you an experienced systems engineer with RF experience looking for your new challenge?
A systems engineer role is available to develop RF sensor solutions for surveillance and reconnaissance, or 'Electronic Support' (ES) missions. These sensor solutions are employed by a variety of rotary and fixed-wing airborne platforms operating in increasingly complex and hostile environments.
You will part of a team providing world-leading, responsive, and user-centric solutions including threat warning and emitter location sensors, and Defensive Aids System (DAS) controllers, which enable the seamless integration of otherwise independent sensing and countermeasure DAS systems. All these systems provide unparalleled situational awareness and protection.
As a highly experienced systems engineer you will have the ability to apply your knowledge and experience across the full engineering lifecycle, supporting the early definition and design activities through to integration, and qualification, before demonstrating and delivering completed solutions to our customers. You will work within a multi-disciplined project team, alongside domain and product subject-matter experts in a highly collaborative and supportive environment.
- Work alongside internal / external stakeholders to understand user needs and requirements with which to define and influence system requirements and designs, ensuring traceability for design compliance and acceptance.
- Define and develop system concepts and architectures for future solutions.
- Develop test strategies to demonstrate design and implementation compliance, ensuring end-to-end traceability to achieve certification.
- Lead system integration, verification, and validation activities to test and analyse performance and effectiveness within synthetic and live environments.
- Perform technical peer reviews and provide mentoring in areas of expertise.
- Develop and deliver engineering specifications, reports and presentations to customers and industry partners.
- Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
- A strong understanding of systems engineering principles and highly experienced in whole lifecycle product development and delivery.
- A firm understanding of the key principles associated with RF signal propagation for passive sensors or active emitters.
- Ability to define and influence requirements definition and design decisions, both within the internal project team and customer environments.
- Ability to define test and acceptance criteria and assess system design compliance against user and system requirements.
- High proficiency in requirements management using DOORS.
- Self-motivated with a strong aptitude for problem-solving and decision-making within projects involving design complexity and uncertainty.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation ability.
- Undergraduate Engineering degree or related scientific discipline.
- In-depth knowledge of passive and active RF sensor systems, including signal processing methods for detection, measurement and identification.
- Experience of working with industry partners and platform integrators to support platform integration and installation.
- High proficiency in mathematical modelling using MATLAB and Simulink
- Experience of work package management; cost and schedule planning and tracking, and reporting of key metrics.
- Experience of team leadership or technical management.
What you'll get
- Competitive market rate
- Flexi hours with the possibility of leaving work at 12pm on Fridays
- Prestige: Chance of working on cutting edge technology in one of the largest defence companies in the UK
- Influence: You will be using your knowledge and experience to lead the technical solution across the division
- Team Work: You will work alongside like-minded professional engineers in a highly collaborative environment
- Connections: you will be joining a team of around 7,000 people at six major sites across the UK
- Legacy: We are proud of our rich heritage, reaching back in excess of 100 years. Today we are providing the latest advances in airborne electronic systems and you can be a part of the next 100 year legacy.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Bogdana on 01489 882 682 or Bogdana.Raducanu@matchtech.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.