- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Software Engineer required to join a successful R&D team in the North East of England. Candidates will either have Embedded C coding or Autocode Generation and have worked to formal design standards. Automotive experience isn't essential.
Successful applicants will be required to work as part of a team of engineers, developing embedded software for use in real time automotive applications. Work covers all parts of the software lifecycle, from developing new ideas and concepts, and requirements capture, through to final testing and entering production.
Software engineers are required to possess a degree of self-discipline and initiative that will allow them to work unaided, solving engineering problems that are required by the position. Most of the work is centred on the development of new ideas and fitting them into custom architectures, which will require a large amount of creative thinking. The final software will be running in a safety critical system, so must be proven to be reliable to a high degree of rigour. The ability to spot potential problems and perform adequate testing at all levels of abstraction is essential.
- Developing embedded software for safety critical applications, primarily in the C programming language and Simulink
- Interpret customer and product specifications to produce software functional specifications
- Software system design
- Documentation of architecture and high-level design
- Ensuring compliance with processes required by ASPICE and ISO 26262
- Ensuring that software design follows the company software and quality procedures
- Ensuring that all work is carried out safely.
Must have experience and skills in ALL of these areas below:
- Experience in development of real-time embedded software using the C programming language or autocode generation using Simulink.
- Experience in the whole software development life-cycle, ideally, the V-model life-cycle.
- Experience working alongside and collaborating with controls and hardware engineering teams
- Knowledge of typical optimisation techniques and how to apply these to real-time systems
- Experience with formal coding standards.
- Debugging on real-time embedded systems.
- Dealing with real time operating systems.
Desirable experience and skills:
- Experience working on projects for use in automotive systems, using automotive compliant software processes, i.e. ASPICE
- Knowledge of or experience of working with Simulink and associated code generation tools.
- Experience of software development for safety critical applications standards required by ISO26262
- Experience of Agile development techniques
- Experience of signal processing and knowledge of associated techniques used on real-time software.
- An understanding of signal acquisition at the hardware level, with an ability to follow a circuit's schematic layout
- An understanding of basic principles and laws of electronics
- Basic understanding of motor control and power electronic
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science / Software Engineering, BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent. 2.1 or higher grade
- Significant professional experience as a software engineer
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.