- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Design Engineer
Our clien, a large multi discipline consultant are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer based from their Southampton Offices to work on their new CHP Station in the Falklands.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplined team of engineers responsible for the production design deliverables for the New CHP Station.
- To ensure that designs safe
- To ensure designs are delivered to the programme
- To ensure designs are checked and approved in accordance TEL operating standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting in all aspects of mechanical design from site surveys of existing assets, optioneering, feasibility studies, detailed design and tender pricing.
- Production of procurement specifications and data sheet for mechanical equipment; hydraulic calculations and production of detailed design construction drawings.
- Project managing third party designs and providing design assistance to installation and commissioning teams. Liaising with clients and subcontractors.
- Interpreting and understanding client requirements from client documents (drawings, specifications, correspondence, etc.)
- Working with Piping Engineers and CAD Technicians managing the production of mechanical and piping layout drawings.
- Liaising with Process Engineers inputting in to the production of P&IDs
- Undertaking design risk assessments in accordance with CDM2015 Regulations to ensure that hazards are designed out and risks are minimised.
- Providing technical assistance to project teams during the installation and commissioning phases of the projects.
- Mentoring Trant's developing process engineers during the professional and personal development enroot to their professional qualifications.
- Responsible for recruitment of new team members
- Act as the approver for relevant discipline design deliverables.
- Participating in formal design reviews throughout the project cycle as defined within TEL procedures.
Key Skills and Background:
- A strong background in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience on Power Generation, CHPs, District Heating and Waste to Energy projects
- A background of detailed design from a contractor or consulting engineers
- A history of successfully working as part of a medium sized management team of multiciliary design engineers on design and/or construction projects
- Awareness of the commercial factors applicable to tendering & value engineering
- A keen eye for detail with the ability to approve design drawings and raise technical queries
- A good working knowledge of BIM or Digital delivery processes.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, and work in collaboration with other team members
- Numeracy and bid/report writing
- Chartered membership of relevant professional institution
- Accredited MEng degree
- Accredited BEng (Hons) degree
- Excellent IT Skills including Microsoft Office is essential
- Full driving licence
- Professional Membership with is desirable
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.