- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Programme Development Manager
This is a great opportunity to work in a PART-TIME (22.5 - 24 HOURS / WEEK) in either BRISTOL or EXETER. Please note salary advertised is based on 37 hours.
Reporting to the Head of Planning and Development, you will join a key team responsible for developing a robust forward programme to effectively manage our assets through the delivery of Highways capital schemes within the South West region. You will be responsible for leading the region's forward programme using asset intelligence and insight into customer, social and economic drivers. In a leadership role in this team, you will be accountable for developing a commercially viable 5 to 10-year capital programmes (for renewals and improvements) that deliver business objectives and the region's goals.
The role also comes with a strong focus on stakeholder management and will see you co-managing the Regional Stakeholder Management Plan. Utilising your excellent stakeholder management skills, you will interface and engage with a significant number of external contacts across the South West region including MP's, Local Highways Authorities, combined authorities, parish councils, community groups, media enquiries and individual customers (including businesses).
You will use the information from this regular stakeholder contact to help inform the regional capital programme to determine the prioritised needs of our assets, as well as the current network service, and future growth and improvement aspirations across the South West region. With your background experience you will understand how to develop this programme in line with business objectives, and within funding and delivery constraints. In addition to this, the role may see you undertake line management responsibilities for three direct reports.
This is an exciting time to join us. Highways England is growing and our funding is expected to increase, which means our Capital Investment Plan is likely to extend into the next 10 years and beyond. There are currently 267 live schemes in progress for the forward programme with the number of schemes set to increase in line with the next Roads Investment Strategy (RIS) starting in April 2020 and beyond! As well as professional development and an excellent insight into the highways infrastructure environment, we also offer the opportunity to join an embedded motivated team with exposure to a variety of stakeholders and customers.
We offer this role on a part time basis working between 22.5 and 24 hours per week over three days, depending on the needs of the successful candidate. The working days are Monday (preferable) and Friday (essential), and any other day of the week. As a flexible working organisation, we are pleased to offer this role from either our Bristol or Exeter office. This role is shared with an existing Highways England employee.
What you'll be leading on
- To lead the identification and assessment of regional drivers (i.e. economic, social, asset needs etc.) to articulate the impact on future network and service development requirements.
- To lead the development and approval process of the Region's long-term strategy, 5 to 10 years' forward programme of work, and associated budget, ensuring these are commercially viable and meet the region's customer, social, economic, safety and asset needs.
- To ensure that the prioritisation of activities in the 5 to 10 year forward programme reflects the region's needs, agreed strategy, policies, budget and efficiency targets.
- To ensure corporate governance processes are followed at all times and involve all necessary partners e.g. supply chain partners, regional delivery teams etc.
- To lead the ongoing engagement with internal and external stakeholders, identification and the development of the programme whilst ensuring proposed activities and investments contribute to improving safety, network performance and customer experience.
- To lead the development of effective and collaborative relationships with regional stakeholder and customer groups through regular meetings, communication and sharing of information.
- To manage the utilisation and allocation of team resources to ensure appropriate resourcing levels for all the activities in scope.
- To lead the improvement activities required to ensure performance feedback and lessons learnt are incorporated into future project and programme delivery processes.
To be successful
- You will have extensive experience in developing and managing annual financial plans, including the development of budgets, as well as the development of programmes.
- You will have strong commercial and financial acumen.
- You will have demonstrable experience of asset management decision making (capital investment, lifecycle costs, value optimisation, service & availability optimisation, social & economic knowledge)
- You will have proven experience of using investment appraisal and optimisation techniques; value-for-money criteria and financial evaluation methods.
- You will have excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.