- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Engineer - IPMS
BAE Systems - Principal Engineer - IPMS - 6 months - Glasgow - £52.20ph UMB.
Purpose of Role:
- Provide specialist marine engineering expertise to organise and co-ordinate significant aspects of engineering activity within the business to ensure defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and cost.
- This role will typically have specific delegation of authority, accountability and sign off for ensuring minimum standards for the discipline area concerned, and could include a design review assessor responsibility in the relevant discipline area.Essential Knowledge of:
- Control of Electrical Systems and Power Management
- Control of Auxiliary Systems
- Control of Propulsion System
- Control and Instrumentation
- Hull Vibration Monitoring
- Damage Surveillance and Control
Tasks and Activities:
- Carry out relatively complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability.
- Prepare specifications, develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
- Act as main point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters, to resolve relatively complex problems and issues and to maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives.
- Support the identification of business opportunities and the preparation of bids in area(s) of expertise to facilitate the development of the highest quality bids.
- Carry out team planning, risk management and ensure quality across all scopes of work.
- Carry out technical investigations, and assess/provide recommendations regarding consequences.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.