- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Our defence client are currently in the process of the electrical design of two different class of Submarine for their Barrow base, with a third soon to begin. They require experienced electrical designers to aid the design.
Senior Electrical Designer - 12+ Months Contract - Barrow- Local: £22ph PAYE, Non-Local: £28ph PAYE (Other Payment Methods Available)
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. You must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
- The role is focused around 2D and 3D designs of a new design submarine and troubleshooting the final issues of an existing build. The new submarine is of paramount importance to UK security, so delays in build are unacceptable.
- 2D designs and drawing expertise/ interpretation is beneficial.
- Understanding of 3D cable routing and integration beneficial.
- Must be able to understand schematic drawings.
- Ability to work under immense pressure is useful due to time constraints and right first time mentality.
- Develop and produce CAD models, drawings and other Technical Outputs consistent with the contractual requirements to meet target dates and budget demands (Delivery to time, quality and budget)
- Develop and draw 2D Diagrams, utilising the relevant tool-set.
- 3D Integration within the Product Model
- Produce other technical outputs consistent with contractual requirements
- Provide and produce relevant calculations.
- Produce drawing outputs from the 3D Model
- Perform self-verification of own work
- Cross checking of peers and subordinates work
- Produce Process Standards
- HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience of design in one or more of the following industries: Defence, Power Industry or Oil and Gas or similar industries
- Demonstrable ability at utilising 2D CAD design packages
- Ability to apply the relevant Engineering processes regarding the integration, of the relevant, systems and equipment within the 3D CAD Product Model
- Show knowledge of one or more of the following areas: Electrical Cableways, Systems, Control and Instrumentation.
- Experienced in the use of CAD design packages such as FORAN, CATIA 5 etc.
- Ability to perform the supporting calculations with the regard to the above areas.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.