- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
This is an opportunity to work in a physically active hands-on role involving many manual tasks with a client who own and operate a fuel storage terminal in Avonmouth.
We have a long term job opportunity based at the Avonmouth Fuel Terminal. This tank farm facility stores petrol and diesel which is transported by road tankers to petrol stations. Full training will be provided.
The job of an Operations Technician includes a diverse range of tasks and responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Tank water draw offs / Product sampling
- Tank dipping / Tank roof drains
- Tank bund draining / Jet washing loading bays and bay filters
- Changing bay filters / Skimming of the site interceptor
- Visual tank and bund inspections / Fire extinguisher checks
- Winterisation - gritting of paths / Safety showers tests
- Monthly building water temperature tests / Fire pump checks
- Basic mechanical maintenance e.g. assisting fitters with maintenance or process drain downs
- Basic admin task (update seal logs, water draw off log, contamination check sheet)
The key skills and attributes we are looking for include initiative, drive, energy and determination to work outdoors as part of a team providing support to storage terminal staff. This is a physically active hands-on role involving many manual tasks and the job will include some working at height. Previous experience is not necessary and full training will be provided.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of working safely / working to safe working practices / safe systems of work. You should have good oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills and you must be competent in the use of standard desktop systems, e.g. Word and Outlook.
Candidates must live within 45 minutes commuting distance of the terminal and candidates must have a driving licence.
This job will involve working shift patterns including weekends and some nights. Full details will be provided upon application.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.