- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highways Event Coordinator
To contribute to the effective control and co-ordination of activities on the highway network to meet the needs of work and event promoters and minimising disruption for road users.
- Liaise with internal and external Events promoters to enable events and other activities to take place.
- Process applications for Events to ensure that their potential impact is proportionate, managed and controlled.
- Attend County, District and local Safety Advisory Group and event planning meetings representing the Highway and Traffic Authority
- Proactively engage with Event Promoters including liaising with organisers of previous events in order to maintain a calendar of future events.
- Manage notices for Events alongside those of Works Promoters, including supporting community organisations in meeting requirements.
- Consider applications for temporary traffic restrictions, use of temporary traffic signals and Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders.
- Agree methods of operations, including approving temporary traffic signal applications and Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders.
- Take measures to maximise effective use of the highway network
- Manage the process for the loan of equipment to Community Events.
- Provide accurate and concise information in an oral and written form.
- Ensure that bulletins and web-based information for road users is contemporaneous, taking proactive action to seek updated information from activity promoters.
- Communicate, liaise and negotiate in a confident, constructive and personable manner with Councillors, public, internal and external bodies, customers, clients and colleagues.
- Contribute to the operation of the department's asset management system including input to and updating of the departmental system.
- Contribute to the development of an improved co-ordination service, seeking opportunities for continuous improvement in practices, in conjunction with other sections of the company and clients.
- Keep clear and concise records, adhering to ISO and other defined practices
- Ensure that all chargeable activities are fully identified and costs are recovered
- Carry out independent meetings, site observations, surveys and site inspections to support planning and to ensure legal compliance.
- Ensure safety of self, colleagues and the public when working on or adjacent to the highway.
- English and Maths to at least GCSE grade C.
- Experience of working in Highways/Traffic Management, or similar field.
- Understanding of the street works and road works environment.
- Experience of co-ordinating activities on the highway network.
- Political awareness and understanding of local communities, voluntary organisations and charity events.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation governing work and activity on the highway
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, mapping systems and e-mail computer packages.
- Ability to work independently but with accountability, ensuring close liaison with team members to achieve effective coordination of all activities.
- Ability to deal with complex matters with works promotors, contractors, stakeholders and the public.
- A high level of personal drive and commitment to excellent customer care and the ability to set an example for other staff
- Strong interpersonal skills to gain the agreement and acceptance of others including colleagues, senior managers and customers.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems to meet operational targets, involving devising solutions and prioritising the resources available
- Ability to meet agreed objectives and delivery targets by the effective use of resources.
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively, including managing multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Flexibility to work outside normal office hours and location to meet service needs.
- Current driving licence.
Working conditions / environment:
- A Mixture of site and office
- 37 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working available.
- A willingness to occasionally work outside of 'normal' office hours if required.
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Ben Huxley directly on 01489898163
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.