- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Agile Systems Engineer
This role will see the successful candidate take a leading role in the development of our Electronic Warfare Operational Support (EWOS) products.
* Work alongside our customers, end-users and key internal stakeholders to understand, interpret, and (where appropriate) influence, current and future user needs and requirements.
* Influence customer satisfaction by applying your knowledge of EWOS products and EW sensor and countermeasure systems to develop effective (performance and cost) EWOS solutions for the end-user.
* Define the system and sub-system requirements and make design recommendations.
* Work alongside multiple stakeholder groups in an Agile methodology, to iteratively develop and deliver products to meet our customer's needs.
* Assess system design compliance against user and system requirements, alongside key performance parameters
* Lead verification and validation activities to fully test performance, usability, and effectiveness of the EWOS products.
* Develop and deliver engineering specifications, reports and presentations for to customers and industry partners.
* Experienced in Agile systems / software development for product delivery to external customers.
* High proficiency in multi-stakeholder requirements elicitation, negotiation, definition, traceability, and evidence-based compliance using DOORS.
* In-depth knowledge of military passive and active RF sensor systems, including signal processing and identification, and emitter classification.
* Self-motivated with an aptitude to problem solving and ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion in support of team goals.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience of delivery to a variety of internal and external stakeholders of varying seniorities.
* Knowledge / experience of the data / tools / processes employed by EWOS end-users (e.g. JEWOSC, RAF Waddington)
* Experience of working alongside end-users to provide SME support.
* Experience of developing desktop PC applications / toolsets for programming avionic equipment.
* Experience of engineering team leadership and/or mentoring of peers and junior personnel.
* Experience of work package management at all stages of project delivery - cost and schedule planning, execution, and reporting.
What you'll get
* Competitive market rate
* Flexi hours with the possibility of leaving work at 12pm on Fridays
* Prestige: Chance of working on cutting edge technology in one of the largest defence companies in the UK
* Influence: You will be using your knowledge and experience to lead the technical solution across the division
* Team Work: You will work alongside like-minded professional engineers in a highly collaborative environment
* Connections: you will be joining a team of around 7,000 people at six major sites across the UK
* Legacy: We are proud of our rich heritage, reaching back in excess of 100 years. Today we are providing the latest advances in airborne electronic systems and you can be a part of the next 100 year legacy.
To discuss this in more detail, please send us your CV by clicking 'Apply' or contact Bogdana on 01489 882 682 or Bogdana.Raducanu@matchtech.com.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.