- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
DE&S Business Support Administrator (Infra/OSHE)
If you are seeking a role which isn't a typical desk job, then this could be the position for you.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 16th February.
The role is based at RAF Waddington, where a range of Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) delivery teams support RAF aircraft. As part of the small Business Management Team (BMT) you will be working in a fast-paced environment providing a variety of customer services and with a specific focus on infrastructure plus Health and Safety work. It is not a typical desk job and involves working with DE&S staff at 5 different locations across the site. The BMT cover a variety of responsibilities including general administration, security, infrastructure maintenance, visits and events, business continuity, health and safety, communications, travel, military taskings and resource management.
As the Business Support Administrator focusing on Infrastructure and Health and Safety, your tasks will include but not limited to:
* Engaging with external and internal stakeholders such as DE&S Air ISTAR staff, contractors, agencies delivery partners including the Defence Infrastructure Organisation and RAF Waddington infrastructure support staff.
* Managing the infrastructure repairs/maintenance programme related to the 5 buildings occupied by DE&S staff
* Completing the 6 monthly building inspection reports
* Supporting day-to-day infrastructure maintenance requests and issues, proactively managing any challenges and escalating issues where necessary
* Act as the main Health and Safety focal point for all AIR ISTAR DE&S staff
* Complete Health and Safety regulatory checks
* Co-ordination of fire safety activities * Delivering high-quality customer service to BMT customers
* Supporting the BMT by leading specific BMT projects and areas of responsibility
* Compiling monthly management reports
* Representing DE&S at various meetings convened by RAF Waddington including safety management and environmental health
As half of the BMT are based at the MOD Abbeywood site near Bristol, the successful candidate will be expected to travel there occasionally.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you can demonstrate examples of the following:
* Working in an Infrastructure or estates environment
* Previous experience in a coordination or planning role
* Prioritising your work load
* Stakeholder engagement at all levels, both internally and externally
* Building and maintaining customer and supplier working relationships
* Delivering a high level of delivery/service
The following desirable criteria may benefit your application:
* Health and Safety experience
* An IOSH/NEBOSH qualification.
Please note that you may be considered for similar positions at the level below the advertised role.
What's in it for you? You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with plenty of opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
About DE&S and your team The force behind the armed forces, DE&S is a highly specialised, branch of the MoD, operating with a budget of £178 billion over the next 10 years. From the procurement of aircraft carriers to the provision of food, we ensure our armed forces have the equipment and support they need to achieve their operations. We employ over 12,000 people across more than 150 locations around the world.
Corporate Services Group (CSG) is pivotal in enabling effective business operations. We are a professional body of people who undertake a diverse range of challenging activities which are integral to Defence procurement and support. CSG are represented in every area of the organisation enabling the successes of DE&S.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.