- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is changing connectivity in London. As a 100% full fibre network, they're digging streets and deploying fibre to the premises (FTTP) across central London.
The role of the Network Engineer will be to own the full project lifecycle, providing low level design (LLD) and configuration, as well as BAU operational support in a full multi-vendor environment - routers and switches.
- Assist with business as usual activities to support day to day network operations in a ISP environment.
- CCNA/CCNP/JNCIA level certified.
- Extensive experience in running a full project lifecycle.
- Able to work in a high tempo environment, with autonomy.
- Resolving Level 1 - 3 issues with G. Network services.
- Creating and/or updating case notes on service incident tickets.
- Network operation, including, hands on experience with switches, routers, hubs, servers, firewalls, wireless, TCP/IP, ONT,UDP, IPT VoIP, QoS, MPLS, QinQ.
- Network Team projects in timely manner.
- Operational Support & BAU Tasks.
You will offer:
- The ideal candidate for the Network Engineer will be comfortable working with Huawei / Cisco / Juniper / HP routers, switches on GPON and P2P.
- A 'can do' 'let's get the job done' attitude is necessary for you to be successful.
You will have:
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP level or Juniper JNCIS or JNCIP certified.
- Any experience in Network Automation or coding would also be beneficial, but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills needed.
- Creating network diagrams, SOWs, HLD, LLDs skills desirable.
- Able to interact with other members of the Business on joint projects.
- Knowledge of Business IT, i.e. home networks, servers, email, Wi-Fi access points, Ethernet over power lines etc.
- Strong multitasking & problem solving abilities. Excellent communication, customer handling and inter-personal skills, via phone, face to face and other remote access methods.
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising abilities.
- Customer focused. Flexible to cope with change, be proactive and adapt quickly to a developing type of service delivery.
- Flexible to visit the datacentre as and when needed.
- Good documentation of projects or other issues is essential.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.