- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Digital Hardware Engineer
In this broad electronic engineering role, you will work across a range of projects throughout various stages of the product lifecycle from initial concept development through to early life production support.
The product development responsibilities include requirement capture, schematic capture and PCB Layout (Dx Designer and Expedition - Mentor Graphics), circuit simulation (eg LTSpice, Hyperlynx), driving the design review process and collaborating with other engineering functions and manufacturing.
You will also be responsible for devising and implementing all necessary design verification tests and supporting documentation required to allow your new designs to transition into production.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- First or second degree (BSc, BEng, MEng, MSc, PhD, EngD) in Electronic Engineering (preferable) or related science (eg Physics) with preferably some specialisation in electronic techniques.
- Experience in cabling design, build and installation for land vehicles
- Strong digital circuity design including designs of boards using complex FPGAs
- Extensive experience of PCB development tools and process (preferably Mentor Graphics).
- Experience of DFx (designing for cost, test and manufacturability)
- Experience in System level and sub-system integration and Debug.
- Design of engineering solutions taking into account all requirements such as product quality, safety, reliability and testability.
- Present robust engineering solutions at design and peer reviews to ensure technical accuracy of specifications, designs and reports.
- Undertake project tasks covered by a statement of work, detailing input, processes and output together with cost/timescale constraints to ensure delivery of project objectives.
- Able to complete work with minimal supervision.
What you'll get
- Competitive market rate
- Flexi hours with the possibility of leaving work at 12pm on Fridays
- Prestige: Chance of working on cutting edge technology in one of the largest defence companies in the UK
- Team Work: You will work alongside like-minded professional engineers in a highly collaborative environment
- Connections: you will be joining a team of around 7,000 people at six major sites across the UK
- Legacy: We are proud of our rich heritage, reaching back in excess of 100 years. Today we are providing the latest advances in airborne electronic systems and you can be a part of the next 100 year legacy.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Bogdana on 01489 882 682 or Bogdana.Raducanu@matchtech.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.