- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Strategy and Change Officer
A Senior Strategy and Change Officer is required to play a key role in the development and delivery of an Environmental Services project with a Council in North London
- Commission and establish an integrated delivery model for the following services: waste collection and recycling; highways infrastructure; parking, highways and enviro-crime enforcement; grounds maintenance; trees; street lighting; and, CCTV maintenance.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop and review new, existing and emerging Environmental Services commissioning opportunities, ensuring that the current and future needs of residents, businesses, communities and partners are fully understood and accurately reflected in service design.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of the Environmental Services commissioning strategy and to the preparation of detailed option appraisals and business case analyses, in collaboration with internal support functions such as Finance, HR and Procurement and independent expert consultants.
- Plan, design, lead and co-ordinate a range of workstreams within the Project, including: service improvement reviews, community engagement initiatives, benchmarking and market testing activities, best practice research, policy analysis and social value initiatives.
- Lead, co-ordinate and supervise cross-council working groups and teams, using a range of change management techniques to build capacity, confidence and commitment in support of service improvement.
- Support testing, implementation and training in new processes, systems and technologies.
- Identify and support delivery of efficiency savings and commercially oriented, income generating initiatives.
- Design and deliver engagement activities for residents, businesses, community groups and other stakeholders to help ensure that service delivery is tailored to local needs.
- Work with the Communications Team to devise communications for different audiences in ways that invigorate interest and relay complex issues easily and effectively.
- Identify the implications of any emerging legislation, government policy or developments in the local community which may impact on the council's design and delivery of environmental services.
- Coordinate and support the work of Project 2023 member and officer level boards, preparing agendas, reports and presentations.
- Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that at all times safeguards the health and well-being of children and vulnerable adults.
- Carry out duties with due regard to the Council's Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.