- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
System Engineer - Concepts, Requirements, Design
My client is looking for an early lifecycle systems engineer to develop concepts and requirements and perform functional analysis for an advanced multi-function electronic warfare system integral to a future multi-role combat aircraft.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Definition, design and development of an advanced EW system to perform (i) passive and active surveillance, and (Ii) countermeasures to mitigate posed threats to the platform.
* Definition of requirements for the overall EW system and its subsystem elements.
* Liaise with design specialists to develop candidate concepts and architectures.
* Perform systems functional analysis and refine architectures for receiver and transmitter systems.
* Develop design specifications suitable to inform and guide implementation teams.
* Use modelling to explore the design space and perform system analysis and trade-off studies.
* Produce technical reports of key findings and recommendations for delivery to customers & industry partners.
* Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
* Strong understanding of systems engineering principles and experience of early lifecycle system development.
* Experience in writing and interpreting requirements specifications and designing test procedures.
* Knowledge of EW technology, performance, operational capabilities, and use (particularly RF systems).
* Proficiency in the use of mathematical modelling tools such as MATLAB and Simulink.
* Excellent written and verbal presentation ability.
* Knowledge of architecture frameworks (e.g. SysML) tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect / Rhapsody) and requirements management methods and tools (e.g. DOORS).
It would be nice if you had:
* Strong knowledge of military passive and active RF sensor systems, including signal processing and identification, and emitter classification.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive market rate
- Flexi hours with the possibility of leaving work at 12pm on Fridays
- Prestige: Chance of working on cutting edge technology in one of the largest defence companies in the UK
- Influence: You will be using your knowledge and experience to lead the technical solution across the division
- Team Work: You will work alongside like-minded professional engineers in a highly collaborative environment
- Connections: you will be joining a team of around 7,000 people at six major sites across the UK
- Legacy: We are proud of our rich heritage, reaching back in excess of 100 years. Today we are providing the latest advances in airborne electronic systems and you can be a part of the next 100 year legacy.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Bogdana at Bogdana.Raducanu@matchtech.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.