- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Manufacturing Engineer
My client is looking to appoint a Project Manufacturing Engineer to our existing team.
- Ownership of all manufacturing deliverables within all stages of the Product Commercialisation Process for new product platforms, customised products and continuous improvement projects
- Projects delivered on time to standard and within budget
- Products designed for manufacturing and cost
- Manufacturing system and processes optimized to new or modified products
- Coordination within manufacturing and other departments to drive continuous improvement
- Manage impact of first of kind products on manufacturing system performance and on time delivery of engineer to order products
- Controlled phase out and phase in of new parts and products within manufacturing
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Experience of working within an assembly environment
- Flexible and capable of working in a complex environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Confident with working on own initiative
- Excellent IT literacy, being a competent user of MS office
- Excellent time management skills
- Use of risk mitigation tools to control risks within projects and prioritise risk to be mitigated
- Ability to develop technical solutions, compliant with requirements within agreed programmes and timescales
- Have a responsible approach to H&S of themselves and others
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Relevant experience in implementing the principles of lean manufacturing
- Project management experience including implementation of complex and technically challenging projects
- Experience of utilising problem solving and root cause analysis tools in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in optimising production processes as well as providing production support and training.
- Design for manufacture knowledge
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
- Previous experience in key manufacturing principles such as TPM, 8D, 6S problem solving, product responsibility, continuous improvement process as well as new product introduction.
What you need
- Actively looks for feedback from customers and takes actions on improvement.
- Leads by demonstrating the experience with team members. Succeeds to achieve the results by managing the task.
- Takes action to keep own knowledge up to standard and draws lessons from experiences, looks if necessary for information applicable in own work situation. Succeeds under normal time and work pressure to perform always on a very good level. Has sense of urgency and takes ownership.
- Translates strategy into specific action plan with targets and able to prioritise initiatives. Using right resources. Holds an overview about the whole process.
- Handles new and exceptional difficulties and because of his/her professional knowledge is consulted by his/her colleagues.
- Analyses the problem from different perspectives and recognises broader implication. Succeeds in providing a good documented solution that is well supported.
- Effects change without direct exercise of command where persuasion is required.
- Asks actively for feedback and able to perform in diverse environment. Searches actively for possibilities to involve others in team work, takes time to inform and knows by doing so to enthuse others to work together.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.