- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
I am currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to work for our aerospace client based in Rugeley.
Within this role, there is a requirement to align business strategy to that of our customers and in support of this, a high degree of customer interaction will be required. Working with specialists from other engineering disciplines, the candidate will provide mechanical design expertise in support of business opportunities. This will include feasibility studies, technology developments, concept designs for new products and bids and proposals.
- Generate concept design proposals and feasibility studies to support product development programmes
- Management and Co-ordination of technical activities within a small team
- Carrying out elements of the product design
- Responsible for the structural and thermal performance of products
- Guidance and support to other mechanical engineers
- Design review authority for mechanical aspects of projects
- Contribute to the development of engineering excellence within the business
- Provide the engineering department with mechanical engineering expertise in support of future business opportunities
- A degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of engineering (e.g. systems, electrical, electro-mechanical)
- Appreciation of electrical aspects of cabinet design (e.g. EMC, stray fields, creepage and clearance, insulation systems)
- Experience in manufacturing methods applicable to electronic cabinets; sheet metal fabrications, welding, machining, corrosion protection
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD. Solidworks is preferred but not essential
- Use of CFD/FEA tools for thermal analysis and structural analysis, fatigue life assessments.
- Good knowledge of materials
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design phases, design reviews.
- Good in front of customers; willing and able to make presentations
- It is likely that in future the candidate may perform mechanical lead roles in complex power developments
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.