- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Architect for Launchers
Our leading client have an opportunity to join their new Weapon Systems Equipment team as a Mechanical Architect for missile launchers in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
What are we looking for?
- Capture and manage the Launcher mechanical architecture requirements to achieve programme performance, on time and on cost
- Ensure functional and mechanical requirements are flown down to the sub-assemblies within the Launcher
- At launcher level, in conjunction with the Mechanical Design Team, determine the overall product structure, mechanical interfaces and architecture
- Facilitate Architectural Trades eg:
- Overall layout vs compliance to technical requirements to achieve system performance
- Brokering mechanical trades between sub-systems and internal equipment to meet overall Launcher system needs, including:
- Key performance requirements
- Mass properties
- Structural Integrity
- Ensure Launcher architectures support generic policies eg modularity, re-use, design for assembly
- Undertake phased Launcher level technology maturity & complexity of design assessments to de-risk the development cycle
- Provide justification of the Launcher Mechanical Architecture design
- Define Launcher level hardware requirements to support proving and de-risk activities
- Manage Launcher prototype and development hardware on behalf of the CDE
- In conjunction with the relevant Design Authority / Mechanical Design Team, provide regular technical status to the project / Chief Design Engineer
- Manage technical changes and Non-Conformance & Non-Compliance issues
- Identify Architecture risks and opportunities during the development phases
- Control any assigned budgets, manage personal workload and identify any further resource needs
- Interface with, and manage, customer expectations throughout the development process
The role is responsible for the technical management of launcher mechanical requirements, design proving, requirement/environmental verification and validation. The candidate will have responsibility for managing areas such as thermal interfaces, physical interfaces, and the generation/use of performance models.
Specific responsibility for the role includes:
- Generation of launcher mechanical DVP (3 and 4 Pack Launchers) and generation of equipment Design Verification Plans from supplier documentation.
- Generation of DD2 4 Pack requirements, and future structure and pneumatics requirement sets.
- Generation of design assessment and compliance matrix for Launcher mechanical requirements (3 Pack and 4 pack).
- Maturation of Pneumatic performance model and support dynamic release model development.
- Conduct Mechanical and System DFMEA for 4 Pack and future 3 pack launcher development.
- Supporting EMC verification and validation, aircraft integration and integration data pack generation
- Supporting manufacture process and issue resolution, and design reviews.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.