- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
CNC Machinist (Lathe Turner and Miller)
Our Fareham based client are currently recruiting for multiple CNC Miller and Lathe Machinists (Turners) to start as soon as possible.
These position pay £15 per hour PAYE with a 25% shift uplift for late. The Turner position is available on either early or late shift with the Miller role only on lates.
To set, program and operate various CNC Machines to produce large or small batch components. All components should be manufactured to the required standards and to full drawing specifications within the set time period.
- Working to engineering drawings, must also be able to work with prototype drawings and verbal instruction.
- Set and Operate CNC Fanuc controlled lathes or CNC Heidenhain Controlled Machines.
- Knowledge of manufacturing various ranges of materials from Aluminium to Stainless steel through to the more exotics such as Titanium and Inconel.
- Knowledge of cutting/forming tools and how they need to be applied and react in certain conditions.
- Proven knowledge of Mechanical inspection techniques and equipment.
- Must monitor the tooling at all times as to prevent non-conforming product and or prevent excess burrs from developing.
- Complying with and working within the current Health & Safety guidelines. Always leaving a safe working environment for colleagues and operating/leaving machines in a safe manner.
- Cleaning and returning items of tooling or equipment back to their specific place as to maintain the companies' 5S activities which also include the cleanliness of the machine. All standards will be to the highest possible with emphasise firmly on QUALITY FIRST TIME not quantity.Importance of safety first especially when working on or maintaining machinery.
Craft Apprenticeship or equivalent, further education qualifications such as ONC or C&G. Good knowledge of Heidenhain/Fanuc control.
CNC Mills / CNC Lathes & Manual Lathes, off hand Grinders, Sanders, Saws, Cutters, Inserts, Shadow graph, CMM and various measuring equipment i.e. Bore mics etc
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.