- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Conservation Officer
Our client requires a highly experience town planning with specific conservation expertise.
We are looking for a passionate, highly experienced, and enthusiastic conservation officer to join our busy team to work on a significant strategic application. Funding has been secured to support the post and the officer will be expected to work on this scheme to facilitate its delivery from pre-application discussions through to the delivery of the scheme on site.
The scheme will see the extensive redevelopment of a site on the City fringes in an historic setting to bring forward commercial/retail/cultural uses and deliver high quality, publicly accessible green space.
The ideal candidate should be a dynamic, positive and experienced conservation professional who will be able to assist the team in the delivery of design excellence within a historic environment and wider townscape by balancing growth, conservation and high-quality place making.
- demonstrate a commitment to design quality and conservation best practice, working creatively and constructively with planning officers, applicants, other council departments and various stakeholders to ensure that the council's urban design and conservation aspirations as well as wider planning priorities are delivered.
- possess strong communication skills with the ability to offer technical critique of development proposals, in particular focussing on heritage matters across the spectrum of application types and scales
- be customer-focussed, committed to improving design, recognising and protecting the heritage of the borough and helping to deliver on the ambitions to deliver a high-quality service to its customers.
- will have the ability to use your initiative to solve problems and find creative solutions.
We can offer you:
* An enthusiastic, friendly and well-motivated team who have high expectations of themselves and the service.
* A supportive management team with a strong commitment to the quality of the service.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.