- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our client, a leading water sector & utilities specialist, are looking for electricians on a permanent basis. The company are based out of Dorset but work will be UK wide. Ideally candidates will be based in the Dorset area.
Being part of the Electrical and Mechanical Services team of engineers, servicing and repairing wastewater equipment for Water Utility companies in the UK.
An apprentice trained or experienced Industrial Maintenance Electrician with electrical experience maintaining industrial equipment including controls fault finding and ideally experience of the installation of production line equipment.
Physical & Other Requirements:
· Current valid driving license.
· You will be required to work away from home, which will require overnight stays, in accordance with business needs.
· You will also be expected to undertake overtime as required; this is essential. Please note that all employees are expected to take their turn on the emergency cover rota that entails being on call for a week at a time including over a weekend or bank holiday every few months.
· Able to work outside on sites which are connected with wastewater (sewage).
· Able to carry out work tasks that involve physical strength, stamina, standing, kneeling or crouching.
· Capable of working at heights from scaffold platforms, ladders or mechanical equipment.
· Undertake training and work as part of a confined space team (desirable).
Competence and Qualifications:
Skills & Attributes:
· Able to communicate effectively to the customer and company management.
· Conduct the work activities in a professional manner and promote a positive image of the company.
· Repairing electrical equipment.
· Installation, commissioning, setting up and testing of mechanical/electrical equipment and controls.
· Break down cover on a rota basis.
· Working out on customer sites across the country.
· Working in workshops as required at any of the Company locations.
· Stripping and rebuilding machinery/ pumps/ heavy industrial equipment.
· Planned preventative maintenance (Industrial equipment & pumps).
· Carry out site inspections and compile survey reports for quotation purposes.
· Access and interpret technical instructions using mobile electronic equipment.
· Carry out fault finding down to component level.
· To work as part of a team and to co-operate with other staff / trades.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.