- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Drives and Motors)
2 x Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Drives and Motors). Designing embedded softweare to work on Motor and Drive products used in Semiconductor design, Manufacturing, scientific instrumentation and medical devices.
2 x Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Drives and Motors). Designing embedded software to work on Motor and Drive products used in Semiconductor design, Manufacturing, scientific instrumentation and medical devices.
This equipment has been used in the mass Hadron collider as well as the international space station!
You will be woprking as part of a mixed skill team to develop full solutions for Drive / Motor-Controller applications, as such it is essential that you can liaise with hardware, mechanical and manufacturing engineers to deliver complete integrated Drive solutions.
Key Skills and experience
- Experience of embedded C design and development
- Experience developing software for Drive / Motor-Controller applications.
- Experience of communication protocols, e.g. MODBUS RTU and CANOpen
- Experience of using an Integrated Development Environment (IDE), e.g. CodeWarrior
- Experience of using version control software, e.g. SVN or SourceOffSite
- Good understanding of hardware electronic design (this is a helpful skill when liasing with the hardware engineers within the team)
- Strong technical background, experience in writing technical documentation, e.g. specifications & test reports
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.