- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Test & Trials Specialist - auxiliary and propulsion
Based in the scenic maritime city of Halifax, Nova Scotia, this is Canada's most exciting shipbuilding project for over 30 years! With a brand new facility and cutting edge technology, they are building the new ships for the Royal Canadian Navy.
The Senior Test & Trials Specialists will work as part of the Test & Trials team to commission systems and equipment, and demonstrate compliance with Classification Society and Customer requirements.
There are two full time, permanent positions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Production and Quality Control teams to ensure effective handover of systems and equipment
- Develop set to work / testing / trials procedures and processes
- Operate ship systems and execute test procedures and trial agendas, both ashore and at sea (must be able to go to sea in support of sea trials)
Experience and qualifications:
- Degree in Engineering is essential, Professional Engineering designation would be an asset
- Experience must include seagoing naval engineering, commissioning of new build vessels, commissioning of high tech systems or design of state of the art new build ships or marine structures
- Strong knowledge of ship auxiliary systems and ship diesel propulsion systems
- Attractive lifestyle - warm sunny summers for surfing / beach hopping and cold snowy winters for snowboarding / skiing
- Affordable accommodation - beautiful spacious properties; choose from overlooking a lake, being nestled in woodland or downtown in the lively city centre
- Social life - a big city with a small town feel
- Education - excellent facilities including a large number of schools and one of Canada's top universities
- Connections - only 2 hours by plane to New York and a direct 6 hour flight from the UK
With over 8 years' experience in recruitment, I have personally supported more than 50 families in their move to Canada over the last 6 years. Having also lived overseas as a child and into adulthood, I know how daunting it can be to transform your life and consider relocating. To find out more information, contact me on:
T: +44 (0) 1489 898136
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security Clearance and U.S International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) Regulations.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.